Thursday, March 02, 2006

Momma

Every time I see a family and they have kids, I know it's something I'll never have.

When I see women who are pregnant I can't help but to remember the converstation I had with my doctor. She basically explained to me:
Because there is so much scar tissue, that it would take a miracle for me to get pregnant and another one for me to carry a baby long enough to live on their own.
Who in their right mind would want to marry someone like me? The odds are if I ever do get married, I will have to adopt.

I can just imagine explaining to my child:
I hate to tell you this, but you were adopted. I couldn't hold you in my womb because it was destroyed by the number of times your grandpa "_ _ _ _ed" me as a child.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

:-( There are no words....

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Vicki Polin said...

I am so sorry you have to deal with so many things. I wish there was a magic wand that I could use to take your pain away, and make things better for you.

I know that what you are facing and feeling is very similar to what many other survivors of childhood sexual abuse experience. It saddens me to say that it's just one more the gruesome realities survivors are forced to face.

Please know you are not alone, and there are many people out here who care. Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at The Awareness Center at: 443-857-5560.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home