Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me

My birthday is this month. I always try to do what I can to celebrate that I'm alive, that I survived my childhood. It's a reminder to me that what happened to me is in the past, and that I have my whole future ahead of me.

Believe me there are days it's hard to believe that I have a future. I still have flashbacks, and have to fight my depression. I hang out with my friends who are not survivors. They mostly come from loving families.

They never had the nickname of "my little slut." It was a term of endearment I heard often from my father after he tucked me into bed at night after an assault.

I have a future. I no longer need to be afraid.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Horrible. What a sick horrible person.
Do you go for therapy? It's vital that you do...

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Bughouse Square said...

Hi David,
yeah, I'm in therapy and also go to a group. I also do a lot of alternative healing things.

I try as hard as I can to be with people who were never abused. I want to learn what it's like to be "normal". I hate to admit it, that I feel more at home with other survivors. There's more of a automatic bond that happens.

mm,
thanks for you good wishes too! I hope the same for you.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger AngrySoul said...

Hey, welcome to blogland. Just like you i recently started writing about my past. Keep up writing and i will do the same. And i will keep reading your blog so keep writing.

interesting what you write about being with "normal people". if i meet someone who is abused we connect right away - while i can't connect to a "normal" person for the life of me

i have a lot more to say but keep strong for now. until next time - Carpe Diem.

thanks for visiting my site - come back

what type of therapy/group therapy do you do and how has it helped?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home